Bildtext får vara max två rader text. Hela texten ska högerjusteras om den bara ska innehålla fotobyline! Photo: B. Christensen/Azote
GRP: work related to the 2020 Human Development Report
The Global Resilience Partnership is currently comprised of more than 60 organisations, which bring together a broad range of skills, capacities, and perspectives, and provides powerful collaboration opportunities
GRP’s incubator work: The Incubator was set up in 2015 with the purpose of supporting the Global Resilience Partnership in efforts to identify, innovate, improve and scale initiatives that build resilience.
The Resilience Platform is a collaborative online space to capture, access, co-create and advance the latest resilience knowledge.
The Resilience Insights Report distils and illuminates the latest evidence from across the breadth of the Global Resilience Partnership
Click here for more case studies and reports
Opinion pieces and blogs
- Could a shared crisis stimulate a sustainable transformation? The Economist Intelligence Unit
- Boosting the Resilience of Kenya’s Most Climate-Vulnerable Communities through Innovative Climate Finance, 14 February 2019, ClimateLinks
- Africa’s youth want to cultivate careers not just crops (Producers Direct), 4 February 2020, SciDevNet
- What resilience projects can learn from Blockbuster 27 January 2020, DevDiscourse
- Empowering women in poor communities and building resilience against climate pressure (Mahila Housing Trust), 17 January 2020, Inter Press Service
- Women emerging as leaders in fixing India's slums (Mahila Housing Trust), 8 January 2020, The Diplomat
- Climate Change Hits Vulnerable Communities First and Hardest, 26 September 2019, International Institute for Sustainable Development Blog
- Building coastal resilience, 24 September 2019, China Dialogue Ocean
- Providing Water Security in an Uncertain World. 20 August 2019, New Security Beat
- Bruce, A., Brown, C., Avello, P., Beane, G., Bristow, J., Ellis, L., Fisher, S., Freeman, S.S.G., Jiménez, A., Leten, J. and Matthews, N., 2020. Human dimensions of urban water resilience: Perspectives from Cape Town, Kingston upon Hull, Mexico City and Miami. Water Security, 9, p.100060.
- Harou, J.J., Matthews, J.H., Smith, D.M., McDonnell, R.A., Borgomeo, E., Sara, J.J., Braeckman, J.P., Matthews, N., Dalton, J., Young, M.D. and Ovink, H.W., 2020, April. Water at COP25: Resilience enables climate change adaptation through better planning, governance and finance. In Proceedings of the Institution of Civil Engineers-Water Management (Vol. 173, No. 2, pp. 55-58). Thomas Telford Ltd
- Garrick, D., Iseman, T., Gilson, G., Brozovic, N., O'Donnell, E., Matthews, N., Miralles-Wilhelm, F., Wight, C. and Young, W., 2020. Scalable solutions to freshwater scarcity: Advancing theories of change to incentivise sustainable water use. Water Security, 9, p.100055.
- Wolf, S., Pham, M., Matthews, N. and Bubeck, P., 2020. Understanding the implementation gap: policy-makers’ perceptions of ecosystem-based adaptation in Central Vietnam. Climate and Development, pp.1-14.
- Matthews, N., 2020. The rise of resilience in a new era. Traumatology
- Zipper, S.C., Jaramillo, F., Wang‐Erlandsson, L., Cornell, S.E., Gleeson, T., Porkka, M., Häyhä, T., Crépin, A.S., Fetzer, I., Gerten, D. and Hoff, H., Matthews, N. 2020. Integrating the water planetary boundary with water management from local to global scales. Earth's Future, p.e2019EF001377
- Grafton, R.Q., Doyen, L., Béné, C., Borgomeo, E., Brooks, K., Chu, L., Cumming, G.S., Dixon, J., Dovers, S., Garrick, D. and Helfgott, A., Matthews, N. 2019. Realizing resilience for decision-making. Nature Sustainability, 2(10), pp.907-913
- Matthews, J.H., Dalton, J., Matthews, N., Baigun, C., Carmody, E., Finlayson, M., Madgwick, J., Mamba, M., Petrie, B., Pittock, J. and Kumar, R., 2019. Dam development: value both wetlands and hydropower. Nature: New biology, p.33
- Gustafsson, M., Creed, I., Dalton, J., Gartner, T., Matthews, N., Reed, J., Samuelson, L., Springgay, E. and Tengberg, A., 2019. Gaps in science, policy and practice in the forest–water nexus. Unasylva 251: Forests: nature-based solutions for water, 251(1), p.36
- Keys, P.W., Galaz, V., Dyer, M., Matthews, N., Folke, C., Nyström, M. and Cornell, S.E., 2019. Anthropocene risk. Nature Sustainability, 2(8), pp.667-673
- Norström A V, Cvitanovic C, Löf MF, West S, Wyborn C, Balvanera P, Bednarek AT, Bennett EM, Biggs R, de Bremond A, Campbell BM, Canadell JG, Carpenter SR, Folke C, Fulton EA, Gaffney O, Gelcich S, Jouffray J, Leach M, Le Tissier M, Martín-López B, Louder E, Loutre M, Meadow AM, Nagendra H, Payne D, Peterson GD, Reyers B, Scholes R, Speranza CI, Spierenburg M, Stafford-Smith M, Tengö M, van der Hel S, van Putten I & Österblom H (2020) Principles for knowledge co-production in sustainability research. Nature Sustainability 3:182–190
- Nyström M, Jouffray J-B, Norström A V., Crona B, Søgaard Jørgensen P, Carpenter SR, Bodin Ö, Galaz V & Folke C (2019) Anatomy and resilience of the global production ecosystem. Nature 575:98–108
- Jouffray J, Blasiak R, Norström A V., Österblom H & Nyström M (2020) The Blue Acceleration: The Trajectory of Human Expansion into the Ocean. One Earth 2:43–54
News & events
Research news | 2023-06-02
More freshwater experts needed in the IPBES biodiversity panel
Centre researcher Jan Kuiper lists why and how more freshwater experts could contribute to the Intergovernmental Science–Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services
General news | 2023-06-01
Centre researcher Juan Rocha elected into Young Academy of Sweden
Centre researcher Juan Rocha joins the Young Academy of Sweden, a junior version of the prestigious Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, for a five-year term
Research news | 2023-05-31
Groundbreaking study quantifies safe and just Earth system boundaries
International commission proposes new safe and just boundaries for maintaining a healthy planet and protecting people from significant harm
Research news | 2023-05-25
AI could create a perfect storm of climate misinformation
The speed and the way misinformation about climate change and sustainability issues moves around the world is rapidly changing. Now, the Centre presents a new synthesis on AI and climate misinformation in connection to the Nobel Prize Summit 2023, "Truth, Trust and Hope"
Research news | 2023-05-22
Financial actors and academia join forces to build back biodiversity
Today is International Biodiversity Day! This year with the theme “From agreement to action: build back biodiversity”, and for us, that is a good reason to highlight the potential of the finance sector in reviving biodiversity
General news | 2023-05-17
Maria Tengö appointed special professor at Wageningen University
Maria Tengö is the most recently appointed professor at the Stockholm Resilience Centre