Every year we receive hundreds of requests for publications where centre researchers are first- or co-authors. Below are the ten most frequently requested. Thank you for your requests!
1. Planetary boundaries: guiding human development on a changing planet Author(s): Steffen, W., K. Richardson, J. Rockström, S.E. Cornell, I. Fetzer, E.M. Bennett, R. Biggs, S.R. Carpenter, W. De Vries, C.A. De Wit, C. Folke, D. Gerten, J. Heinke, G.M. Mace, L.M. Persson, V. Ramanathan, B. Reyers, S. Sörlin
2. Natural capital and ecosystem services informing decisions: From promise to practice Author(s): Guerry, A.D., S. Polasky, J. Lubchenco, R. Chaplin-Kramer, G.C. Daily, R. Griffin, M. Ruckelshaus, I.J. Bateman, A. Duraiappah, T. Elmqvist, M.W. Feldman, C. Folke, J. Hoekstra, P.M. Kareiva, B.L. Keeler, S. Li, E. McKenzie, Z. Ouyang, B. Reyers, T.H. Ricketts, J. Rockström, H. Tallis, B. Vira
3. Participatory scenario planning in place-based social-ecological research: Insights and experiences from 23 case studies Author(s): Oteros-Rozas, E., B. Martín-López, T.M. Daw, E.L. Bohensky, J.R.A. Butler, R. Hill, J. Martin-Ortega, A. Quinlan, F. Ravera, I. Ruiz-Mallén, M. Thyresson, J. Mistry, I. Palomo, G.D. Peterson, T. Plieninger, K.A. Waylen, D.M. Beach, I.C. Bohnet, M. Hamann, J. Hanspach, K. Hubacek, S. Lavorel, S.P. Vilardy
4. Measuring and assessing resilience: broadening understanding through multiple disciplinary perspectives Author(s): Quinlan, A. E., Berbés-Blázquez, M., Haider, L. J., Peterson, G. D.
5. Dwelling in the biosphere: exploring an embodied human–environment connection in resilience thinking Author(s): Cooke, B., S. West, W.J. Boonstra
6. The trajectory of the Anthropocene: The Great Acceleration Author(s): Steffen, W., W. Broadgate, L. Deutsch, O. Gaffney, C. Ludwig
7. Collaborative Networks for Effective Ecosystem-Based Management: A Set of Working Hypotheses Author(s): Bodin, Ö., Sandström, A. and Crona, B.
8. Resilience assessment: a useful approach to navigate urban sustainability challenges Author(s): Sellberg, M. M., C. Wilkinson, G. D. Peterson
9. Why Ecologists Should Care About Financial Markets Author(s): Galaz, V., J. Gars, F. Moberg, B. Nykvist, C. Repinski
10. Insurance Value of Green Infrastructure in and Around Cities Green, T.L., Kronenberg, J., Andersson, E., Elmqvist, T. and Gómez-Baggethun, E.
General news | 2017-12-12
See video from eminar with Professor Rashid Sumaila, one of the world’s most innovative researchers on the future of the oceans
Research news | 2017-11-30
The PECS-II conference showcased place-based research and how it can help us work towards global sustainability in the Anthropocene
Research news | 2017-11-28
How urban greening and civic ecology projects can improve human well-being and restore crucial ecosystem services
Research news | 2017-11-27
What plantain farmers in Costa Rica can teach us about the inconsistent links between access to ecosystem services and well-being
Research news | 2017-11-23
Centre science director well established among world’s most top-cited and influential scientists
Research news | 2017-11-21
Large-scale changes in Arctic marine food web can be expected within 50 years, some good, but in the long run several critical