Apply on www.universityadmissions.se!
Welcome with your applications on www.antagning.se until 15 January!
- A Bachelor's Degree, or the equivalent, from an accredited university in the country in which the degree has been awarded. Please note that University transcripts must be sent in some cases directly from your University.
For detailed information, please go to www.universityadmissions.se.
(If the documents are issued in any other language than Swedish, English, French or German, authorised translations that are officially certified are required. Fax copies or emails are not accepted.)
- A very good command of English, documented by an internationally recognized proficiency test. English Proficiency: Certification by an internationally recognised proficiency test. Please see this page for detailed information regarding English Proficiency tests and requirements
Most proficiency test certificates can be uploaded on www.universityadmissions.se, but may be sent to:
University Admissions in Sweden
SE-839 87 Östersund
Statement of Purpose and Research Ideas
- All applicants must complete their application with the following, using the template (word, 58.8 kB) provided:
1) Statement of Purpose — where you explain why you have selected this specific programme and what you have to offer the Master´s programme (max 250 words, in English only)
2) Research Ideas: what research questions interest you for your Master´s thesis. Your research question(s) must fit into at least one of the Centre's research themes, as well as identify a project(s) and/or researcher(s) at the Centre that you would like to work with. We strongly recommend you contact researchers directly to explore your research ideas before submitting your application, though this is not a requirement given the varied availability of researchers during the application period due to field work, conferences and other obligations. (max 250 words, in English only)
Statement of Purpose and Reserach Ideas must be written in English, using the template provided and the instructions therein. Sub,mot these no later than 1 February on www.universityadmissions.se.
Swedish universities have introduced application and tuition fees.
Applicants from countries outside the EU, the EEA and Switzerland are required to pay both an application fee and tuition fees for all studies. More info about the fees is found at:
Information on scholarships/grants is available at:www.su.se/english/study/prospective-students/scholarships.
For information on residence permit, please contact:
General news | 2017-12-12
See video from eminar with Professor Rashid Sumaila, one of the world’s most innovative researchers on the future of the oceans
Research news | 2017-11-30
The PECS-II conference showcased place-based research and how it can help us work towards global sustainability in the Anthropocene
Research news | 2017-11-28
How urban greening and civic ecology projects can improve human well-being and restore crucial ecosystem services
Research news | 2017-11-27
What plantain farmers in Costa Rica can teach us about the inconsistent links between access to ecosystem services and well-being
Research news | 2017-11-23
Centre science director well established among world’s most top-cited and influential scientists
Research news | 2017-11-21
Large-scale changes in Arctic marine food web can be expected within 50 years, some good, but in the long run several critical